The School of St Jude is a charity funded school that provides a quality FREE education to approximately 1500 primary and secondary children from the poorest communities in Arusha. Additionally, the school now provides employment to over 400 Tanzanians and purchases the essential goods required to run the school everyday from local people. The ripple effect is incredibly wide spread.
St Jude’s has experienced rapid growth and is currently strengthening its management structure. Therefore, we are seeking applications for the role of HR Manager. The HR Manager is responsible for managing the development and implementation of the strategic and operational people performance and culture functions for the school.
This exciting role is ideal for the more experienced senior HR professional with management experience who is now able to take time out and looking for their next challenge.
Working here offers huge personal rewards as The School of St Jude itself is challenging the children of Tanzania to be well educated and thus improve the future for them and their families. This is an opportunity to be a part of that!
A minimum commitment of at least two years is required.
- Work closely with Senior Management Team, Business Unit Leaders, and Academic Leaders to develop and implement key HR strategies and functions;
- Lead the development of effective human resource and Organisational development policies, procedures and guidelines including their understanding and implementation across the school;
- Provide advice and guidance to the Senior Management Team in relation to general HR and Organisational matters and work closely with them on strategic and complex employee management issues;
- Work closely with line managers and employees to foster communication and consultation to ensure that employment or industrial issues are resolved effectively and in line with policies and Tanzanian Labour Laws;
- Provide professional timely and accurate advice on matters including: disciplinary, resignations & terminations, performance management, position reviews and classification and industrial relations
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in Organisational psychology, Human Resources Management and / or significant demonstrated experience in organisational development or human resources management;
- Proven capacity to operate at both strategic and operational/functional level;
- Proven track record in senior management in Organisational development and/or human resources management;
- Possess tact, diplomacy and the capacity to interact with a multi faceted team in a cooperative manner;
- Highly developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated experience in initiating and driving change with resilience, energy and creativity;
- Good computer skills in Microsoft suite;
- Experience in working in education or developing country or NGO or large organisation would be desirable
To be a successful St Jude’s volunteer, you will:
- Be flexible, open-minded, tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a rapidly growing charity in a developing country
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference performing a variety of tasks; from the mundane to the fun and interesting!
- Work well independently and as part of a team of Tanzanian staff and international volunteers
- Have good emotional and physical health and the energy and drive to take on new challenges
For further information on the job please download the full job description
International volunteers receive a comfortable monthly living allowance, which is enough to live on but not enough to fund travel around Africa. For further information regarding volunteering at The School of St Jude please refer to General Information about working at St Jude’s
If you are interested in joining our team send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include: